Applicants for the Master Program must have:
- A relevant undergraduate or first degree (at least 180 ECTS credit points, e.g., Bachelor, Diploma, Master)
- At least one year of work experience in media production and/or the social sciences or cultural studies
- English level B2 pursuant to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Not failed the examination to the Master’s programme “Visual Anthropology, Media and Documentary Practices” for a final time and can provide an appropriate explanation.
The following are recognised as a relevant undergraduate or first degree:
- Bachelor in a course of study at a University with at least 180 credits (e.g. in humanities, social science, cultural science/studies, media science/studies, communication science/studies or in a different subject which is similar to these subjects).
- Diploma, Master, Magister or an equivalent University degree with at least 180 credits.
Comparable qualifications from an international University can also be accepted.
English level B2 can be proved by
- a certificate in English (e.g. IELTS, LCCI-Test, TELC, TOEFL, TOEIC-Test)
- a bachelor or master program taught in English
Applicants without a certificate or a bachelor/master degree in English have the possibility to pass an English test that is offered by the WWU Weiterbildung via telephone or skype.The fee for the English test is €50. If you are interested in the English test, please send an email.
We are still accepting applications for winter semester 2018/19! Only a few places are still available!
Applicants require the following documents to apply:
- Completed application form
- Certified copy of your university degree (Details for official authentication)
- Certificate in English (at least level B2)
- Personal statement (ca. 250 words)
Please find the German version of the application form here.
Please send all documents via e-mail. We recommend international students to apply as early as possible. Depending on your home country, a visa will be necessary to study in Germany. The visa application process might take several months.