Applicants for the Master Program must have:
- A relevant undergraduate or first degree (at least 180 ECTS credit points, e.g., Bachelor, Diploma, Master)
- At least one year of work experience in media production and/or the social sciences or cultural studies
- English level B2 pursuant to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Not failed the examination to the Master’s programme “Visual Anthropology, Media and Documentary Practices” for a final time and can provide an appropriate explanation.
The following are recognised as a relevant undergraduate or first degree:
- Bachelor in a course of study at a University with at least 180 credits (e.g. in humanities, social science, cultural science/studies, media science/studies, communication science/studies or in a different subject which is similar to these subjects).
- Diploma, Master, Magister or an equivalent University degree with at least 180 credits.
Comparable qualifications from an international University can also be accepted.
The application period for winter semester 2019/20 is closed! The application period for the course starting in November 2020 opens in January 2020!
The application form will be available for download in January 2020!
German Version of the application form available for download in January 2020!
Applicants require the following documents to apply:
- Completed application form
- Certified copy of your university degree (Details for official authentication)
- Certificate in English (at least level B2)
- Personal statement (ca. 250 words)
Please send all documents via e-mail. We recommend international students to apply as early as possible. Depending on your home country, a visa will be necessary to study in Germany. The visa application process might take several months.